Monday 11 June 2007

The 11th of June

We woke up and went to the buffet. My mum and I had French bread with camembert cheese. I also had sausages and the French bread in a vinegar dip. Later on we went outside to go and see places with Jarrod; my cousin that lives in London. First, to start, we went to a church called Sacre Coeur a marketplace called Montmartre where we bought two water-paintings, which my dad managed to reduce the price of sharply! We went on a boat to see one among the most famous churches in Europe, some famous mansions, big bridges, and of course, the Eiffel Tower. The river was called The River Seine. After that we went to another church, called Notre Dame, which was a church that you could go on the rooftop. Talk about huge! On the inside was crafted angels and kings on the walls, and there was a place where some saints were buried such as St. George. We walked around for a bit; Jarrod went back to his hotel with his wife, Hannah, and they did it because Hannah was pregnant and not feeling well. While we were out, Jack bought a miniature statue of the Eiffel Tower, and later we were back at the Novetel. By the time we were back, our toiletry bag was there, which relieved my mum. We went into our room and here I am typing now! Soon we will go out for dinner and perhaps see the Eiffel Tower at night-time.

Our dinner tonight was the best we have had in Europe! I had duck with potatoes as my main meal, my mum had Escargot which is snails for her starter, my dad, soup for his entree, and for Jack's main meal, pasta with salmon. My mum's main course was veal and my dad had Foie gras (duck liver). That was the best meat we had ever tasted! I hope you're not jealous, but we all shared desert, which was Creme Brulee. Tasty!

1 comment:

Mrs. Verri and 4MV said...

Hi Nick,
Creme Brule - and buffet in France. Aaahhhhhhh, we're all here saying "Mmmmm..."
Sneak some in your case? Maybe not, just savour every mouthful and be ready to describe it in great detail.
Love lots,
All of us back at 4MV xoxoxo