Wednesday 13 June 2007

13th of June

This day was as awesome as the others. We first went to the Louvre, an art gallery of some VERY famous paintings. We saw the Mona Lisa and Jack and I had the privilege to see it up close, as did the other children. No photographs were allowed, but we saw lots of people taking them. There were heaps of paintings, hallways infact. Most of them were like the Mona Lisa, the faces looked like they were real. We also saw La Venus de Milo, and we were allowed to take pictures of that, fortunately. After the Louvre, we went on a walk to see some tourist shops on the way to a tour. You plugged in little earphones, and changed channels to hear it in different languages, with a knob to adjust sound. The tour took us to a palace, and we got a headset in the castle. You keyed in a room number, (which there would be in almost every room) and you heard information. We saw rooms like the King’s Bedroom, the Hall of Mirrors, the Peace Drawing Room and on the outside was a huge garden. Unfortunately, we didn’t have enough time after the castle to see the gardens. We caught the same bus back to where we started, without the tour. I used my souvenir money to buy a book about ‘the palace of Versailles’, which was the name of the palace. We walked back, and looked at lots of shops. My parents got something each; my dad, a huge metal beer-stein, and my mum, a very nice doll, (not one to play with.) On the way back it was raining heavily, and I changed clothes before dinner.

Dinner was lovely, I again had duck. I liked this dinner even more than the ones I had before in Europe. Jack had duck, too, and I had snails! We all enjoyed our meals, and we had a terrific time!

No comments: