Sunday 3 June 2007

Day 3

We spent the day, in Vienna, Austria. My father hired a car to drive to our hotel; he said it was hard to drive on the right side! I thought we would crash! It was such an experience! The entire place was covered in old and grand buildings; each one so very unique. Our hotel – the Marriot, was five- star. It overlooked the city and was bathed in sunlight during the day. What an evening! The restaurant first opened in 1430, and let me tell you, Austrian food is delicious! As an entrĂ©e, we had bread dipped a cheesy sauce. Vienna Schnitzel was Jack, my dad and myself’s main course. My dad had salad on the side, but Jack and I replaced the salad with chips in Balsamic Vinegar. Afterwards we went for a stroll on the town and bought and ice-cream each. Jack, being himself, got a chocolate one. I ordered Honeycomb, my mum, cherry, which my dad commented was so good when he had a bite, and himself Lemon and Tiramisu. Being the slow one, I finished last, but I didn’t mind. We then went for another enjoyable walk in the breeze. The buildings were the best I had ever seen. We saw a church called “St. Steven’s Cathedral”. Every now and then we would stop for a photograph. When at the Marriot, we looked at the pool and went to our hotel room. Here I am typing now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey nick seems ur having fun! ssoo jealous!!!!!

megsy

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

Wow what a great time you are having. I really can't believe that Jack had schnitzel. I didn't think he liked schnitzel!!!

i hope you are all well. We had Megans party on the weekend and it was so much fun. we will have to come over when you get back and show you the photos and video and see all of your photos as well.

I can't wait to read what you are doing on the rest of your trip.

Think about you lots

Lesley

Mrs. Verri and 4MV said...

Hi Nick,

I am feeling hungry just reading that! As for your description of Austria, the ice-cream walk, balsamic chips and the Marriot bathed in sunlight - mmmm...sounds delightful and delicious!
Love from Mrs. V xo