Wednesday 13 June 2007

12th of June

Another morning we spent with Hannah and Jarrod; we woke up and went to the Eiffel Tower, very early. We caught an elevator up to the very top, and it was FREEZING! There was an extended part to go higher, and after looking, we went to the second level, the temperature rose, but not by much! I wanted to take the stairs, but my mum’s exact words were, “NO!” After the tower we went to the Arc De Triomphe, which is a place where the Emperor Napoleon marched his armies through to celebrate if he was victorious. We then had some lunch on the Champs Elysees, the most famous Boulevard in Paris. We then said goodbye to Jarrod and Hannah, and went to the De’ Orsay museum, and saw famous paintings by artists such as Van Gogh, Monet, Degas, La Trec and Renoir. My favorite painting was by Monet and it was of the Giverny Gardens. We went out for dinner later, and I had snails! Yum! Jack and I shared lamb chops, my dad had steak, and my mum had veal liver, which I tasted! It was yum!

No comments: