Tuesday 5 June 2007

Day 6

After breakfast today we went swimming in the hotel pools which were very famous thermal baths. There were outside pools – one was heated, one was a wave pool and there was a section of children’s pools – this was the only area where Jack and I could splash each other. The pools were magnificent, with marble steps and all of these really old statues all around. There were two inside pools as well – one was hot and the other one was cold. I put my back against the hot water coming from a lion statue’s mouth and Jack tried to block it! After that we went to the outside pool again and waited for the waves to start again. A bell would ring and then the waves would start. I nearly crashed into other people when they came! We then went back to our room, picked up our luggage and went to the car. We then drove to the airport in Vienna and on the way we stopped at Schonbrunn palace. It was very big – the place was spread wide and in the middle was a large fountain. This palace was the home of the Emperor of Austria-Hungary. We then went to the airport. It was a bit confusing at first and we didn’t know where to go. After asking several people we finally figured it out! After going through all of the security there was a bus that arrived and carried us to the outside plane. The plane trip was about 34 minutes and while we were on it Jack and I played and were a bit silly. Now we are sitting at Nurnberg airport in Germany waiting to catch a plane to Berlin!

After the flight, which took around an hour, we ordered a cab. We then went to where we are staying, and met Leith. He has come from Spain, and tomorrow my dad and he will go to a printing show. My mum, Jack and I will be on our own, and it will be a HUGE day!

4 comments:

Mrs. Verri and 4MV said...

Hi Nick,
We miss you a lot! It sounds as if you are having a wonderful time. Yesterday, our class got filmed and Mr. Fleming was sad too that you weren't here. He got a bit of a surprise when we explained you're in Europe!
Love lots, Mrs. V and 4MV

Mrs. Verri and 4MV said...

Hi again champion,

The baths sound DIVINE! Three tips for your blog writing:
1. Avoid using "We then" . Vary your sentence beginnings by changing the sentence order from the traditional SUBJECT + VERB etc.
2. (From another day's entry)Try not to finish a sentence with a conjunction. For example,
"That was the fence we jumped over." - "That was the fence over which we jumped."
"He had came from Spain, and tomorrow him and my dad had the printing show."
First clause: He had came from Spain. (You can fix this one, I know it.)
Second clause: tomorrow him and my dad had the printing show.
Subject: My dad and he
(Subjective/Nominative Pronoun)
Predicate: had (simple past tense)the printing show.
Note: Subjective pronouns: I, he, she, we, they, you, one, it.
Objective pronouns: Me, him, her, them, us.
Your father and he are the subject of that clause, therefore it should be 'he' not 'him'.
The noun comes before the pronoun. Thus, it should be 'my father and he' instead of 'he and my father'.
Seeing as we're writing educational grammar books together, I thought I'd send my thoughts to you, just as you find my mistakes too.
Miss you lots,
Mrs. V xoxo
(Loved that you picked up the grammar mistake at Disneyworld)

lachy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lachy said...

Hey Nick
Since you've been away we've had some liitle problems every body in australia have been taken over by E.T and his army ............................... NOT!
Hope you're enjoying your holiday.
From Lachy.
P.S HELP!