Monday 4 June 2007

Our fourth day

When we woke up, very early, we first got dressed. Before we ate we packed. We then went down to the buffet, and I had bacon, waffles, French toast, sausages and a little bit of fruit at the end. I loved all of them, especially the waffles and French toast. After we tried to go to a palace, but we evidentially realised that people were giving us the directions to a whole different hotel! Next, when we gave up after looking at lots of statues and old buildings, we went back to the Marriot. When back at our room, we picked up our luggage and headed for Hungary. We climbed into the car and we were off. It was about a two and a half hour car- trip, and when I looked out of the window I noticed that Hungary had lots of land and much fewer buildings. We were soon there, and when I exited the car I was greeted by the smiles of my father’s uncle and auntie unexpectedly. We spent the day with them, and went on a bus tour around Budapest. It was quite interesting, and I really liked a building that had gun marks from the Second World War. Like Vienna, all of the buildings were old and a bit decayed. There was also a place called Heroes Square, where there were lots of monuments of the seven tribes that concurred Hungary. There was also another part of it of famous soldiers. We then went for ice-cream, (I had caramel again), and went out for dinner. Jack and I had schnitzel again, and I tried a bit of my mum’s desert (chocolate pancakes called a Gundel crepe). It was tasty! We then went to a church that was inside a cave and back to our new hotel - The Gellert. We all had a big sleep.

1 comment:

Mrs. Verri and 4MV said...

Hi Nick,

How did it feel for you to see/meet your extended family? How was it for your dad? Keep up the luscious descriptions of your meals! Here was the new sentence in Spelling Mastery for this week (just so you won't feel lost when you come back) "She appeared thoroughly embarrassed." (? There you have it, a bit of a contrast from the one about being conscientious)
It's nearly the long weekend (Queen's Birthday)for us in Melbourne.
Love from Mrs. V and 4MV